My host domain prompted me to renew or cut ties with ol' chasingthekenyans.com, and I decided to renew for the time being. Why? I don't know. Maybe I'll magically find time to write again.
It seems like blogging in general isn't the same as it used to be. I still follow most of my original "RBFs" like DiscomBoBulated, MissZippy, RunnerLeana, JillWillRun, MarciasHealthySlice, CookTrainEatRace, and others, but many have gotten out of the game. CTK is in desperate need of an update, ie: that header pic is from 2009. Yeah.
So what's new since my last post back in early May?
- Back-to-back 5k's (Swamp Rabbit Friday evening, Pump & Run Saturday morning) Swamp Rabbit - unremarkable. Conserving for Saturday morning. CrossFit 864 Pump & Run - Benched 110lbs for 10 reps followed by a 20:53 5k. First female for the run portion, 3rd overall with bench factored in.
- PR'd Fran (21-15-9 thrusters & pullups) - 6:00 flat
- 1 Mile PR - 5:50! Woot!
- Also PR'd the Snatch - 100#, not my forte
- Sunrise 8k - 36:04, 1st place AG
|Apparently I ran in the same shirt/shorts all year.|
- PR'd a bunch of things: Push Press 135, Strict Press 105, Front Squat 150, Back Squat 165, OH Squat 105, Deadlift 200
- Soaked up the sun at the beach. Went on a 9-mile run!
- Celebrated the grandparents 80th up in NY.
- Finally moved everything out of the old house (we moved in March, technically).
- PR - Power Clean 150
- Michelin 5k - Paced sister to her new 5k PR (last race in my 20's)
- Avoided the ice bucket challenge.
- Got "turf toe".
- Turned 30. Celebrated in Turks & Caicos (amazing!).
- Started shopping for retirement communities (just kidding ... sort of).
- Got injured. Again.
- Bridesmaid duties for a college friend (complete with my pimp cane).
- Changed my first diaper. Traumatizing. But, it motivated my niece to start taking potty training seriously the next week.
- PR - Bench press 145
- Still injured. Sucks.
- Realized my insurance was only $200 from being maxed out, so I went to the doc and had an MRI done.
- Started PT, started being cleared to do some "exercises". Just happy to be moving again.
And how about those 2014 goals? Yeah...
So there it is. 2014. A good year, minus getting injured. I intend to write again soon, but just in case, please follow me on Instagram (and let me know your IG name if I don't already follow you) as I am much better at posting filtered pictures!