week in review (10/4 - 10/10)
total miles: 20.85
time spent running: ~ 3 hrs 12 mins
avg pace: 9:19 (woot!)
off days: 3
- mon: easy 30 minutes after work
- tue: 2-mi tempo (+warm-up/cool-down)
- wed: afternoon bike ride - almost 21 miles at 15mph
- thu: easy 45 minutes after work
- fri: yoga and abs
- sat: long run - 8 miles, best 'long' run in awhile. avg pace 8:52!
- sun: absolutely nothing - couldn't move after learning about the death of my friend. i literally sat on the couch in my pj's all day.
- 30 minutes everyday (12x) - missed 1 day (see above)
- tempo runs (7:30-7:45) -
- speed work - 4x800; 3x1600
- 12 core workouts (5x)
- long runs -
- 90 miles on the bike (20.85)
- lift 5 times (2x)
- lose 5 lbs
tuesday evening i set out to re-attempt my 2-mile tempo - this time with success! i sped through the two tempo miles and decided to add on an extra half mile of tempo. the two were tough, but i knew i needed to stretch it out if i'm going to hit a 4-mile tempo later in the month. i couldn't quite add on a full third mile, i was tired.
tuesday (10/12) pm run: 4.3 miles, 35:57 (avg pace 8:22), 80* what? you say it's fall?
2.5 mile tempo - 7:40, 7:24, 7:46 (1/2 mile)