total miles: 37.55
time spent running: ~ 4 hrs 57 min
avg pace: 8:58
off days: 1
- mon: easy 5mi
- tue: weights, yoga; 1mi in vibrams
- wed: 3xmile at the track
- thu: easy 3mi before dinner #1
- fri: weights & abs; easy 3mi on xc course
- sat: hike 3.5mi with the fam
- sun: 12mi with tempo
boss let us leave work early on wednesday (because he wanted to leave), and i took advantage of the afternoon daylight for a medium-long run with speedwork. typically i am unfaithful to warm-up and cool-down miles so i made myself run to the middle school track (2.5 miles away) for mile repeats.
as i write this, i'm looking back on the last few times i did mile repeats, and i almost started feeling like i didn't run hard enough. i quickly reminded myself that i am still "rebuilding" and only recently started enjoying life without daily nausea.
anyway, the repeats went well. i haven't obsessed over the calculators to see what paces i should be aiming for so i set the bar low (out of fear/disbelief, i think). i surprised myself by putting together three strong miles and probably could have gone harder, but we'll "save that for next time".
wednesday (11/24) afternoon run: 9.5 miles, 1:20:27 w/ 3xmile (7:10, 7:05, 7:02), 67*
as for my thanksgiving weekend, here's a brief summary:
- slept-in; short runs.
- ate dinner #1 around 1pm.
- watched a james bond movie.
- went to my parent's for dinner #2; ate too much.
- played a game of quelf.
- slept til 10:30 on friday (yikes).
- late-afternoon run.
- went back to my parent's for dinner (too lazy to cook).
- watched the new version of karate kid.
- hiked saturday morning.
- met up with bailey/irish (and wilson) for coffee!
- went back to josh's house to watch the clemson/carolina game (tried to convince him it was a waste of time).
- slept-in yet again sunday; late-morning long run.
- raked *some* leaves.
- hung christmas lights, blew a fuse clark griswold style.