first up - the goals of 2010. i feel a bit like i am tossing my dirty laundry into the washing machine and ridding myself of my not-quite-met 10 goals of 2010. i'm looking forward to a "clean slate" in a couple of days.
running/fitness goals B+
- run 3 marathons, for real this time. B-. again i only ran two (boston and kentucky) in the same week at that. i really had no excuse for not fitting a 3rd one in, other than the fact i was nauseous all year 'til september.
- pr in at least 3 distances. A+. granted, they were all automatic pr's in distances i had never raced before.
5,00012,000 abs and 120150 minutes of planks. A++! setting a concrete goal really helped and i even had to up the anty halfway through the year. i exceeded on both counts (13,500 and 171).
- lose 15 pounds. trust me, i need to. whale fail. blub blub blub.
- beat my '09 miles (2025.10). B-. i failed, but at least i never got upset about it in july when i realized i would fall short. i'll end 2010 with 1500+ miles.
non-running goals A-
- get some stamps in my passport. A+. hello french poly. still working on convincing josh to move there.
- figure out how to plan my wedding and be a good maid-of-honor for my best friend's wedding. A+, if i do say so myself.
- pay off a solid chunk of the mortgage. A+. well i only did this for half the year, but i still paid off 10.52% in those 6 months.
- continue to spend quality time with friends/family. A? i guess. still suck at picking up the phone and talking, but i'm a good texter.
- renovate the master bathroom. another whale fail. did not even begin to attempt.
like the rest of society does with kids these days, i graded myself leniently. i did use red ink though, gasp! i can just feel my self-esteem decreasing!