after three decent weeks in a row, it was time for a cutback. i didn't really want to, but i forced myself to run less (showcasing some of the maturity i gained in 2010, woot).
week in review (11/29 - 12/5):
total miles: 29.16
time spent running: ~ 4 hrs 42 min
avg pace: 9:53
off days: 2
- mon: weights & abs; yoga
- tue: 70min on the trainer watching "coach carter"
- wed: easy 6mi; weights & abs
- thu: easy 6mi
- fri: easy 9mi w/ hrm, crappy*
- sat: 5k with sister**
- sun: easy 5mi
*friday i gave my heart rate monitor a second chance. back in the summer it was annoying to wear and frustrated me to see a high hr when i ran an easy pace (by feel). apparently it's still being frustrating. i ran slower than my typical easy pace to keep my hr from creeping up, but that made my legs ache so bad i cut the run short. i'm certain that had i not listened to the hrm, my legs would have felt fine and i would've had a better run. the hr-forced slow pace was a solid 30-40 seconds/mile slower than what typically feels like an easy pace to me.
race - reindeer run 5k
**a couple weeks ago my sister asked if i wanted to do a 5k with her. i said sure, as long as it did not take as long as last time. i was excited that she wanted to do another run, and tried very hard to not bore her with my running nerdiness. for the most part, we stuck to a 6-min run, 1-min walk and she pr'd by 10 minutes, even though she didn't know what a pr was :o)
christmas-lights update: josh replaced the fuse and re-hung the lights to prevent future fuse-blowage. now they all work except for these 4 strands, which worked fine previously. whatever.
better late than never
- 40-hours of exercise - i think 25-30 hrs has been the "norm" so 40 should make me stretch
- 8 early morning runs - classified as any run started before 7am. seeing as how i've had 2 since july, this is definitely a stretch
- 4 long runs - 10-15 miles
- 3 tempo runs; 3 speed workouts
- abs - 20x; yoga - 4x; weights - 8x
- purchase all christmas presents before christmas this year - last year i gave a friend her present in february, or was it march?
guess i just cleared that writer's block with this wordy post. now you can go visit matty and perk him up after his dnf this weekend.