total mileage: 106.11
time spent running: 15hrs 52min
days off: 14 (aka half the month!! yikes)
avg temp: 52.54
trip(s) of the month: long weekends michigan and dc, and got in 'long' runs on both trips!
- this month's mileage sucked. i'm blaming it on the flu-plague, but there were also too many lazy days that i could (should) have done without.
- i did beat the alarm clock battle a few days, hopefully that will continue. i am not going to get stuck running at 6pm for another south carolina summer - too hot and too humid.
- i only lost about 1.5lbs, but i never quite got around to setting a goal number for the month like i did in january. need to step it up in march, let's go with 3.6 (or more).
- still haven't gone back to the wedding/honeymoon wrap-ups. whoops.
- realized i need to toss more clothes and buy new ones that don't look 10 years old/dorky. i did some shopping but i'm still debating on the shirts (i'm too lazy to try on clothes at the store so i just buy them all and return the stuff i don't want).
come run south carolina!
need a fall half- or full- marathon? registration is now open for the spinx run fest (10/29) in greenville, sc. the marathon course is usatf (aka bq) certified (in case that still means something), and both courses have rolling hills.
the half and full both finish with a lap around the warning track of fluor field, modeled after fenway park and home of the greenville drive (minor league affiliate of the boston red sox). registration starts at $53 for the half, $63 for the full. avg temps in late october range from mid-40's to mid-70's.
this race is a "hometown" race for me (about 20min drive), so come visit! i can offer a free place to stay, airport shuttle, race shuttle and tour guide services.
|you could be here!|
ps josh: i just invited the whole internet over.