- run some marathons. preferably more than 2. D, only ran 1.
- race a half-mar. i wanted to prove to myself that disney wasn't a fluke. F, didn't even run a half-marathon.
- 5 pr's. C-, got 2 new pr's. had hoped to include:
- 5k - sub-21 A+
- 8k - sub-35 B i pr'd but didn't break 35mins
- 26.2 - sub-3:30 F didn't happen
- run lots of miles. preferably more than 2009's tally. F- 3rd worst year ever at 873-ish miles.
non-running - X because an F would be too generous
- 30-minutes of activity per day. F
- abdominables: 25,000 abs / 250 planks. F actuals: 10,200 abs / 117 planks
- commute to work via bike regularly during daylight savings. F i think i biked once all summer and it wasn't to work.
- drop a few pounds. C although the only reason my weight is decent is because of the no-sugar for 3.5 months, not because i made better eating and exercising decisions all-around.
life - A+
- one weekend-getaway every month. A+
cities i saw in 2011: ft. lauderdale, miami, key west, st. petersburg, rochester (mi), washington dc, hiawassee (ga), boston, milwaukee, green bay, bryson city (nc), knoxville, edisto island (sc), charleston, block island, niantic (ct), new york city, syracuse, clemson (sc), virginia beach, banner elk (nc), linville (nc). this was a fun goal and i highly recommend it. they don't have to be major trips, you could make a goal to see 12 new places in your state or try 12 new restaurants in your town.
- get the tree guy out to actually trim the trees. A+
- purge crap and not purchase any new clothes unless replacing something old. A, i did get rid of a bunch of stuff, mostly clothes, and i cleared out a whole dresser for josh. i was doing ok on the don't buy new unless replacing something old until september, and then went to banana republic practically every week. oops.
for anyone who thinks i'm being too hard on myself for giving myself F's (and an X) - lighten up. this is just a blog and running-talk, i'm not beating myself up for missing almost-all of my goals. it is what it is. life happens and things pop up that cause us to change our plans and i'm ok with that. i should have referred to these goals more often though - i could have done a much better job of 30 minutes a day and gone for regular walks. at least i'm winning at life?