part 1 - 11 random things about me:
- i prefer plastic cups over glass, with a straw.
- sometimes i try to think about where my retainers are that i lost 8-9 years ago.
- when i was in 4th grade my life plans were to go to duke university, become a lawyer, get married and have a few kids by the time i was 21.
- my younger sisters and i had our own swimming olympics during the '96 olympics. naturally i won all the gold medals except one - we rigged a race so that my youngest sister (5-6 yrs old at the time) would win at least one of the events.
- during the winter olympics i practiced speed skating around the driveway in my rollerblades.
- i'm a sudoku-holic.
- i hate getting gas. josh has said he can tell based on the random credit card charges.
- sometimes i just wear a long-sleeve race shirt to work because i know i will never warm up enough to take off my coat and scarf anyway.
- i remember whining about 1- and 2-mile time trials in college. little did i know...
- in middle school band i wanted to play the trumpet, but they put me on the flute instead.
- i am so glad the sc primaries are over so i don't have to see the political commercials anymore (until the fall anyway).
1. What is your favourite pair of non-running shoes?
barefeet. i am in the south afterall.
2. What are you wearing right now?
sweatpants and a sweatshirt. it's been a productive weekend.
3. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
i'm assuming you don't mean literally the first thing, as i'd probably scream. then i'd figure out which payout costs me the least in taxes. and then i'd buy a new house i guess.
4. Are you named after anyone/anything?
my middle name is slight variation of my mother's first name.
5. What is worse – being too cold, or being too hot?
too cold. and i am always cold. i may as well not buy work clothes because i always end up wearing my jacket (zipped up) all day.
6. What is hanging on your walls at home?
uhh, pictures? what else? various picture frames and 3 canvases that i've painted.
7. What is the last thing that you took a picture of?
my m&m's that i haven't eaten in 4.5 months.
8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
9. Where did you go on vacation as a child?
various roadtrips across the us. west coast, midwest, east coast, north east...
10. What is your favourite TV show?
i go through cycles. right now i'm into cake boss, gossip girl, white collar (mmm neal caffrey).
11. How many pieces of jewelry do you wear regularly?
3 - two wedding bands and engagement ring. or does that all count as one now? trying to get in the habit of wearing the earrings josh got me for christmas, it's been awhile since i've worn earrings regularly.
part 3 - kandi's questions:
1. What is the last thing you took a picture of?
see #7 above.
2. If you eat eggs, what is your favorite way to make them?
scrambled with feta cheese.
3. What is your favorite board game?
i like most all board games. lately we've played wits and wagers and blokus.
4. Do you prefer dogs, cats, or some other pet?
i don't really like pets for myself, but in general i'm definitely dogs > cats. i'm allergic to both either way.
5. i don't know what happened to question #5.
6. Cake or pie?
7. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be?
i'd love to live on a tropical island, but i'm also pretty content here in the us of a. our government (both parties) seems to be trying to screw up everyday, but at least they haven't censored the internet. yet.
8. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
all over europe. all over asia. back to the french poly.
9. What is your favorite color?
10. How many siblings do you have?
3 sisters. 2 brothers-in-law.
11. If you were invited to a wedding reception but not the ceremony, would you be offended?
hmm. at first thought, i would say yes. but after i thought about it for 5 minutes i realized it was no big deal.
part 4 - questions that i'm passing on:
1. you have the skills to go pro in any sport (except running/triathlons). what sport would you choose?
2. what is your favorite vegetable?
3. they're making a movie about your life. what actor/actress would play you?
4. last book you read?
5. last text message you sent?
6. what is your favorite meal/recipe to cook?
7. do you prefer dusting or vacuuming? (and when are you coming to do my house?)
8. if you could go on vacation to anywhere in the us or canada, where would you go?
9. what something you love about where you live?
10. something you don't love about where you live?
11. what do you do when you have trouble falling asleep?
and the tag-ees who will answer them:
neon blonde runner
feel free to answer a random question below too!